Podcast 9 - Derrell Bullock - From Quitting 9-5 Life to Touring the World with Madonna and Everything in Between
Derrell Bullock, the dancer, teacher, choreographer, gives us the story of his journey (thus far) from quitting his 9-5 and the process it took to become a working dancer.
This interview gets into the persistence that Derrell put into his career and importance that building professional relationships over time has had on his success.
- The bold steps that lead him to booking his first major artist (Snoop Dogg)
- The process he went through to get his first agent in 2007
- Advice on knowing yourself before you enter the industry
- What it was like moving to LA
- The process that lead to Derrell booking Madonna
- What it was like being in the full day audition for Madonna
- The experience he had working with Miley Cyrus
- How to discern which dance classes to take
- How to have a camera in class without interrupting the class experience
- Transitioning from being on a major tour back to 'normal life'
- How he knew when it was time to transition into his role as teacher/choreographer
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.