You might know the guest for episode 82, Liana Blackburn, through her body language class, her daily dancer diet instagram page, or from her abundant resume (credits include Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Selena Gomez, Glee and more). Regardless of which avenue in Liana's career inspires you most, it is clear in each facet of her life that she cares to empower others and is stopped at nothing in her pursuits.
Topics that we explore include:
- Liana's mindset around goals
- Who inspires and has influenced Liana
- Intention vs. attention
- The approach that transformed Liana’s creative process
- The magic of taking an acting class as a dancer
- The story behind her sought after body-language class
- Building a class from scratch
- Brainstorm: How can the health enthusiasts of the dance world unite?
- The role nutrition plays in Liana's life and some tips
- Where she draws work boundaries and what she’s focused on now
- And an in-depth conversation around shifting one's relationship to make-up
Enjoy, and thank you for listening to DanceSpeak!
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.