Welcome to episode 73 of the DanceSpeak podcast with Derrell Bullock, Lee Daniel, Sienna Lyons, and Donyelle Denise.
I’d like to start with how much I look up to this group of individuals. They have been in the dance world for a long long time working hard on their craft and each one is an exceptional teacher as well.
This is a snapshot of where we were at this time: the end of 2017 and our thoughts and experiences from then.
The information from this interview has already positively impacted me making a difference for me in pursuing my dreams and how I go about my journey AND one of the main intentions of the podcast is to share share share so that you can have that as well. It’s really a beautiful episode with lots of gems.
We cover topics that include:
- Sienna’s thoughts after first time teaching in Europe and traveling as a couple with Lee
- Choosing to leave LA for a period of time while building momentum to travel and teach
- What to do when you start feeling stale in your creative process
- Donyelle speaks openly about going through cancer, and powerfully reinventing herself
- Lee talks about his experience being injured last year
- The conversation of support revisited
- Delightful stories and tidbits from their journeys
Again, I’d like to give a special thank you to our guest for opening up and keeping it so real, letting others get connected, gain knowledge and get inspired from your journeys.
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.