Sarah Elgart is a choreographer, director, and producer who’s scope of work and ability will blow your mind. To give you a taste: Sarah has created sight specific work in locations including LAX and LACMA, directed (yes, DIRECTED) the Mickey Mouse Club in the days of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, choreographed everything from the circus in Japan to Star Trek, writes a bi-weekly published column on dance, and is an creative who comes from a family of artists.
Topics we explore include:
- Why Sarah creates sight specific work
- The directors whom have inspired her
- How Sarah developed her skill set to become a director
- What young Britney Spears was like
- How Sarah has become bi-coastal between LA and NYC
- Working with architecture
- Words of advice around being a woman while having a growing family and booming career
- Choreographing for a circus in Tokyo with 2 young children
- Sarah’s views on the current dance boom
Consider this episode class and Sarah is the teacher. The ways in which she views things alone is something that one could take notes on. Enjoy!
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.