What do Justin Bieber, Beyoncé, Paula Abdul, Missy Elliott, Chris Brown, Omarion, You Got Served and Christmas trees have in common? Michael Vargas. They have Michael Vargas common. Before even sitting down to formally start the interview, Michael was sharing unbelievable stories that had me transported to wherever and whenever they took place.
In this episode we hop around, as Michael shares openly, freely, and generously with jaw-dropping accounts that could each stand alone as their own individual episodes. Some of the things that Michael shares about includes:
- How the *%&^ he went from dancing on tour to stage and tour managing
- What is was like as ASM for Beyoncé's FORMATION TOUR and what she was like in production meetings
- Dancing with Justin Bieber when he went from being a relatively new artist to packing out stadiums
- Going from being a b-boy to learning how to execute choreography
- Why we love Paula Abdul and what she is like to work with
- Meeting ROYALTY
- Choosing to move back home after spending 14 years in Los Angeles
- What it was like touring with Chris Brown twice with different choreographers
- Financial advice for artists
- Why he is forever known as "XMAS Tree Mike"
- Dealing with rejection
- The theme of overcoming major adversity and how it ultimately provided for major openings in his life
This episode is packed with so many years and so many topics, it just doesn't make sense AND you will be able to enjoy being brought into Michael's beautiful world.
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.