Episode 70 brings in Jose "Hollywood" Ramos: a creative spirit with a relentless work ethic. I have always been an excited viewer of Jose's career, as his hustle reminds me of P.Diddy's no-holds-barred style of executing his vision with finesse.
In order of discussion, here are some of the notes on topics that we explore within the interview:
- Jose's time as a counselor and daycare teacher
- What his ethic looked like on a daily basis
- How Jose empowers himself around the ‘revolving door’ of the industry
- How he ended up working with Diddy
- What Jose learned from choreographing on the Bad Boy Reunion Tour
- An experience auditioning for JLO...
- Suffering the loss of his mother
- How Jose began his teaching career
- Discovering his signature choreography style within himself
- Recommendations for teaching abroad
- Choreographer’s block and how to stay inspired
- How Jose structures his days
- Net neutrality
- How Jose came to work with Beyonce
- Thoughts on the proper way to record class
- Hollywood's backpack line, how he started it etc
- How Jose balances it all
- How Hollywood got his name
Enjoy, and be sure to check out our Indiegogo campaign!!
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.