Episode 46 introduces you to the chiropractor, Dr. Patrick Bennett. With over 19 years of experience adjusting dancers and a commitment to always furthering his education, Dr. Bennett has a WEALTH of knowledge that is really gold for dancers. I also find him easy to speak to, understand, and inspiring in the way he takes on his career. In this episode, I ask all types of questions that come from conversations I've had with other dancers about self-care and overall curiosity in regards to the world of chiropractic.
Topics that we explore include:
- Why most of us get less oxygen through are systems than we think
- How to know when to turn to chiropractic
- What a chiropractor actual does
- Nervous system 101
- An explanation of what that "popping" sound is when we are adjusted
- Whether or not it is okay to try to manipulate your own back
- When to rest
- The ideal dance training vs. recovery schedule
- Using Ice vs. Heat
- Nutritional recommendations around soreness and injuries...
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.