Podcast 137 - Kara Mack on creating choreo for coming 2 America plus bringing african dance to tv and film.
Welcome to episode 137 of the DanceSpeak podcast with Kara Mack (Coming 2 America, Kendrick Lamar, Africa in America) Let me just say Kara Mack. Is. The. One. I promise you will fall in love with her in this week's episode of the podcast. We go through it all, including:
- The beginning of her journey studying African and African diasporic movement
- Bringing African diasporic movement and studies to universities
- Working with the one and only Fatima Robinson
- Being involved in casting and choreography for "Coming 2 America"
- Creating for Kendrick Lamar
- Everything else under the sun
This episode is like a cup of tea for the heart, mind, and soul. Be sure to share with your friends, follow us on IG, rate, review, and check out our library of 137 (and growing) episodes!
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.