Podcast 85 - Tim Milgram - The dance content genius opens up about making a career out of what the world Has Come To Love
Episode 85 with Tim Milgrim (T.Milly Creative) takes you on the journey with one of the most impactful creators behind some of the most popular dance content on your computer, phone, and t.v. screens. (Yes, I know this is a super bold/blanket statement, but it's true... look up Tim's work).
In this episode we cover:
- Tim quitting his computer programing career to pursue dance
- Tim’s transition from dancing professionally to filming
- Advice on choosing between dance and other passions
- Being from another country and moving around
- What Tim finds the most exceptional dancers have in common
- What it’s like working for Tim
- Growing his brand and from an individual into a company
- Tim’s secret dream
- How he developed his craft in filming dance
- Perspective on what it’s like to be the director on a job
- How Tim balances out professional life with personal
- The basic film knowledge Tim thinks all dancers should have for social media
- How Tim goes about combining the classroom experience with in-studio filing
- Tim starting and hosting its/his own classes
- New perspective as studio owner
- What’s next for the dance world
- What from his upbringing helped prepare him with his career
- Dealing with stress
- We get philosophical AF near the end, and it's AWESOME
Enjoy, take notes, let us know what you think! We love when you leave us a review on iTunes. Keep in touch with us on Insta @dancespeakpodcast!!!
Podcast 84 - Chuck Maldonado - High School Teaching to Choreographing for the Olympics, a re-release of Chuck Maldonado's 2016 Interview
Episode 84 of DanceSpeak proudly presents a re-release of our 2016 interview with Chuck Maldonado.
In this episode, you'll find Chuck Maldonado celebrating his 20th anniversary as a professional in the dance industry. Carrying a resume of over 28 feature films and work on hundreds of television shows, Chuck is clearly someone we can learn a lot from.
One of the first jaw-dropping facts I learned in my interview with Chuck, is that he began his career as a professional dancer at 29. With a strong sense of purpose, and unbeatable work ethic, Chuck shares what it took to train himself to the level of his peers and make his dreams tangible.
Some of the highlights of this episode include: what has changed in Los Angeles' dance industry in the last 15 years, tips on networking, how Chuck chooses his assistants, a choreographer's perspective on hiring friends, thoughts on having a back-up plan, advice for choreographers and dancers booking work in the industry, recommendations on how a dancer should prepare before moving to L.A. for dance, tips on head shots, Chuck's dance convention, and more.
Enjoy this episode! I recommend taking notes!
Welcome to episode 83 of the DanceSpeak podcast where we give you a POWERFUL DanceByte from our 2016 episode with Chuck Maldonado. In this conversation, Chuck shares his jaw-dropping testimony on how his dance career found him in the most unexpected of ways.
For more of Chuck's story, check out the full interview re-released as episode 84.
After 15 years of experience in the dance world, Galit has worked as Assistant Choreographer for Prince, danced in numerous music videos, including Pharrell Williams' "Happy", has been featured in two dance publications, and currently works as a dance instructor and conditioning specialist in Los Angeles and around the country.